Mama when do we cut the cake? I asked impatiently.
When all the guests arrive . She replied.
Mama it’s already 6 .Why are they late..May be they wont be coming..Let’s start the celebrations. Ok let’s wait for another 10 minutes .. After all birthday girl shouldn’t be selfish. On one condition ; I get that yellow rose on the top of the cake..
She smiled nodding her head. I know she might be thinking that I haven’t grown up yet.
Finally!! I sighed when I saw people swarming in.. How punctual!! I frowned..
I smiled with the birthday cap on head and knife ready in one hand…I saw mom smiling at the cake . She might have noticed the missing yellow flower in the middle and the imprints of my fingers on the cake..
Check what others have to say
- Care to Dare | Rima Hassan
- BFF | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Tinkerbell’s home | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: Shake It Up- Family | Journeyman
- Brent’s Ten Dollar Idea And The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Shake It Up | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Daily Prompt: Shake it Up | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Prayer for Faith | Daily Prompt: Shake it Up | likereadingontrains
- Happy Birthday to Me | Knowledge Addiction
- Daily Prompt: Ten Minutes of Nothing | Under the Monkey Tree
- Twelve | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Twelve: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt – Reckless – Broken |
- My Day. | Crossroads
- [M.M.X.I.V. 55] Snowball fight (Fiction) | Never A Worry